Confucius Institute supports Chinese language and culture programs and has established relationships with various schools through which students are able to take Chinese classes and participate in cultural activities.
The Confucius Institute of Rutgers University has five active Confucius Classrooms. Confucius Classrooms are established under the sponsorship of CIRU and are centers for Chinese language and culture instruction for K-12. They share the same mission in promoting Chinese language and culture and offer Chinese language courses under respective curriculum. These five Confucius Classrooms are also integral parts of their schools/districts and keep close contact with CIRU.
- Englewood Public Schools is a school district in North Jersey for K-12 in Englewood, New Jersey.
- Linden High School is a public 9-12 school in Linden, New Jersey.
- Old Bridge Township Public Schools is a school district for K-12 in Old Bridge, New Jersey.
- George School is a private school for 9-12 grades in Newtown, Pennsylvania.
- Glen Ridge Public Schools is a school district in North Jersey for K-12 in Glen Ridge, New Jersey.
Confucius Institute has also maintained scholarly exchange and cooperation with Kean University (Morris Avenue, Union, New Jersey) and supports its Chinese language instruction through sharing visiting scholars from China to aid in class and cultural instruction.